COVID Event Safety Protocols: A New Age Of Events
The United States is now more than six months into the Coronavirus pandemic with no definite end in sight. Businesses across the nation are beginning to open with new protocols in order to stay afloat while still slowing the spread of the virus. The events industry was one of the hardest hit by COVID-19, with the shut down of large scale live events since March of 2020. As other industries begin to open, we are starting to get a glimpse of what the events industry will look like with the various COVID event safety protocols in place.
Top COVID Event Safety Protocols
Organizations and coalitions such as the Centers for Disease Control, Event Safety Alliance, and Live for Life have compiled guidance for all event professionals looking to reopen while the COVID-19 virus is still spreading across the United States. Here are some COVID event safety protocol across these multiple platforms that events space professionals are recommending.
- Staying Home When Appropriate (educate staff and employees that they should stay home when sick)
- Encourage Hand Hygiene (remind attendees, staff, and employees to wash hands often through verbal and visual announcements around the venue)
- Require Masks for Staff/Attendees (masks are especially important in times when social distancing is difficult, such as moving through a crowd or audience)
- Social Distancing (whenever possible, make sure that employees, staff, and attendees that are not in the same household maintain a distance of at least six feet apart)
- Signs/Info-Graphics (post signs in highly visible locations, such as restrooms and entrances, that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs)
- COVID Compliance Officers (consider hiring specific staff members whose purpose is to enforce COVID guidelines to keep staff, employees, and attendees safe)
COVID Event Safety Protocols and Choura
Choura has used these resources to guide all of our decisions when approaching live events, outdoor tenting builds, and outdoor extensions. Choura is also using these resources based on scientific research of the COVID-19 virus in order to develop and implement a set of protocols specific to Choura Events. These will include aspects of the protocols described above, as well as COVID compliance officers to oversee safety measures and on site testing capabilities. To keep up to date with precautions we take and innovative safety protocols we are developing, follow us on social media and check out our website.
COVID Event Safety Protocols Sources: